Sunday, April 5, 2009

In politics too, there will be no honeymoon for Chiru

Actor-turned-politician, Chiranjeevi went back in time while addressing a press conference here on Sunday. He narrated the difficulties he faced during the early days of his movie career.
“I used to work for three shifts. When I was newly married, I was busy shooting films and did not go on a honeymoon. I worked for 45 days at a stretch for a film in which Jayaprada was the lead actor,” he said.
“In those days, handsome and attractive lead actors were calling the shots in Tollywood. Despite my normal looks and lack of a godfather, I succeeded in tinsel town,” he disclosed.
The Praja Rajyam chief then focussed on politics and expressed his dissatisfaction over the poor coverage in the media about the ticket allotment in his party which he claimed was done in accordance with social justice.
He gave evasive replies to some questions posed by the scribes at the press meet.
“When I said I will stick to social justice while allotting tickets, many expressed doubts. But, I fulfilled my promise by giving as many as 104 Assembly tickets to Backward Classes,” he said. I am disappointed at the moderate response from the media over this, he added.
The PR chief disclosed that he was afraid of scribes in his early days as an actor and thought that they interfered in the personal lives of celebrities. “Now, I have changed my opinion about mediapersons,” he said.
Chiranjeevi defended his decision to contest from two seats. “What is wrong in contesting from two seats. Our constitution permits it. I don’t see any wastage of public money,” he said.
His companion, Mr T. Devender Goud, and Mana Party chief, Mr K. Gnaneswar are also contesting from two seats each.
When scribes sought to know if he was ready to make a dalit as the Chief Minister if the PR was voted to power, he said: “If it is people’s wish, I have no objection.”
He defended the allotment of tickets to turncoats by saying: “We have gone according to the public wish based on surveys.”
Chiranjeevi did not find any fault in fielding non-locals from LS constituencies as the state had been following that tradition for many years.

source: deccan

http://reddy2007.blogspot.com

No comments: